You are about to make one of the biggest investments of your life - buying a home. Why go at alone or with the first agent who responds to your online request? Finding the right agent should be your top priority so that it takes the pressure off you to find your home. A trusted professional will have your best interests at heart throughout the transaction. Don't know where to start?
Start here with Researching and Interviewing to choose the right buyer's agent for you:
1. Research - Social proof is everywhere. Check their reviews and what their website looks like. Do research BEFORE you start looking for a home. Why settle for whoever is there on a page when you are making possibly the biggest financial investment of your life?
2. Interview - Have a phone call. Get face-to-face. Make sure this is someone you feel comfortable with and who you believe will place your needs first, ahead of their commission.
So you have researched and are ready to interview. Here are some important questions to ask, but don't forget - trust your gut!
1. How will you be compensated? If I hire you as my buyer's agent will I be subjected to any additional costs in my transaction?
A: Great News Here! In the majority of transactions we get paid by the seller at a commission determined between them and the listing agent at the time they list the home. This is reason #1 to have your own buyer's agent working for you. We get paid at closing after we've found you a home you love and take care of you through the process.
2. How long have you been a real estate agent? More importantly, how many real estate transactions did you have last year? Do you hold any real estate designations or certifications?
A: Callie Dalton & Associates is team of agents and collectively last year we sold 175 units and did $50 Million in sales. Callie Dalton herself has 6 designations - CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, SFR, and Christie's International Real Estate Luxury Specialist 2016.
All of Callie's buyer's agents have been trained by her and completed courses through Long & Foster's training seminars.
3. How does the home buying process work?
A: Here at Callie Dalton & Associates we are with you EVERY step of the way. We have an eager team ready to assist with all of your real estate needs. The first step is to determine how you will be paying for your new home - with cash or a bank loan. If you need a loan, we can give you recommendations to some great lenders. The lenders will get you qualified and from there we can start your home search! Next will we begin searching and touring homes together that fit your criteria. When we find THE ONE we will write up the offer for you. Once the offer is accepted, we will recommend inspectors and closing attorneys to help you. We can help schedule all inspections and communicate with the closing attorney and lender daily to make sure all deadlines are met. We are there at the home inspection with you to assist and add more value. After all inspections are completed we negotiate repairs needing to be completed before closing. At the closing we are there with you to hand you the keys to your NEW HOME! After closing we will check in with you and make sure you are getting settled. We call you a FRIEND.
4. Will you counsel me on a negotiating strategy and appropriate contingencies?
A: Yes. We help you determine the comparable sales, the market trends and value so that YOU can make the best decision for YOU on a price to offer. We will present the offer to other side and help you negotiate any counter offers.
This is a HUGE decision in your life. Take the time to do the research, schedule meetings at the agent's office and ask questions until you feel that you've found an agent who will represent you and your best interests at all times. We at Callie Dalton & Associates believe in Relationships Before Sales and we invite you to Discover the Dalton Difference.
Callie Dalton & Associates is team with buyer's agents who work full-time to make sure our buyers needs are met. Learn more about our team to understand how we put your first.
Contact us today to schedule a FREE buyer's consultation to go over what you are looking for and to answer any questions you may have.