Looking for something to do this weekend?
Our go-to guide to the weekend is packed full with things to do around the Roanoke Valley!
Whether its date night, hanging with friends or family time; we have you covered.
Friday September 15th:
1. Third Eye Blind - Budweiser Summer Series at Elmwood Park. Tickets can still be purchased at the door. Gates open at 7:30pm. Receive a discount for the concert by showing your First Fridays wrist band. Third Eye Blind although often lumped into the post-grunge category, sported a brighter sound than many of their late-'90s peers, taking as much influence from classic pop/rock traditions as the angst-ridden music that dominated the decade. The group scored its first hit in 1997, when their debut single "Semi-Charmed Life" cracked the Top 10. For more details CLICK HERE.
Get THIRD EYE BLIND: 20th ANNIVERSARY EDITION now: https://rrih.no/3eb20mp - Follow Third ...
2. First Fridays located at Franklin Road SW, between Jefferson Street and Williamson Road will be hosting a Billy Joel Tribute by performers The Stranger. Event starts at 5pm. Get a discount for the Third Eye Blind concert by showing your First Fridays wrist band. More details can be found HERE.
3. Big Something is performing at the Harvester Rocky Mount. Doors open at 7pm. Named Best Rising Artist of 2014 by Live Music Daily, Big Something is one of the most exciting new bands to emerge from the Southeast. MORE DETAILS.
The official music video for "Megalodon" ft. DJ Logic off the new album Truth Se...
Saturday September 16th:
2. 2nd Annual Virginia Craft Spirits Showcase at the City Market Building from 2pm to 6pm. Sip and savor creative cocktails and unique Virginia - made spirits at our second annual 100% made - in - Virginia spirits festival. LEARN MORE HERE.
3. Grandparent's Day at the Virginia Transportation Museum. From 10am to 5pm on Saturday. Grandparents and children under 3 years of age are FREE! Door prizes to the first 250 guests and FREE ice cream for the first 500 guests. More information HERE.
4. Forlorn Strangers are performing at the Jefferson Center. Doors open at 8pm. Forlorn Strangers are a mix of harmony-heavy Americana and Laurel Canyon-inspired folk-pop - Rolling Stone Country Roots-loving, Nashville-based, foot-stomping string quintet Forlorn Strangers is simultaneously innovative and steeped in the tradition of Americana-Folk music. FOR TICKET PRICES AND MORE DETAILS HERE.
Directed, Filmed, & Edited by John Dale www.johndale.co Music & Lyrics by Forlorn ...
5. The Harvester Rocky Mount will be showcasing the talented Don McLean. Doors open at 8pm. Don McLean is one of America’s most enduring singer-songwriters and forever associated with his classic hits “American Pie“, “Vincent (Starry Starry Night)”, “Castles in the Air”, “And I Love You So” and “Crying”. Get your tickets and more details HERE.
Don McLean's American Pie with lyrics. Please comment and rate! LYRICS: A long, long t...
6. GRAND OPENING: Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage. Come see the new brewing and performance space in The Bridges neighborhood, meet the Starr Hill team, and sample one of 23 unique beers on tap as we celebrate all things beer, music and the Starr City! Event is from 12pm to 8pm. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.